In 1970 – just 50 years ago - Manvel had only 106 residents. The U.S. Census Bureau estimated its 2017 population at around 10,000 residents. That type of exponential growth is expected to continue by leaps and bounds. Manvel, Texas
population growth is projected to increase to between 130,000 and 150,000 people within the next 20 to 25 years. In the next 20 years, Manvel officials expect the city will reach a population 13 to 15 times larger than it is today.
Manvel: One of the Fastest Growing Cities in TX
A report published recently by Homesnacks.com predicts Manvel will be the 10th fastest growing city in Texas in 2021. Last year Manvel was #14 on the list of fastest-growing cities in the state. In 2010, Manvel had 4,810 residents. In 2020, the population was estimated to be 10,179 – a 111.6% increase in 10 years! The rankings were based on the current population, the population in 2010, and the growth rate from 2010 until now.
More jobs are also coming to Manvel. Recent job growth is reported at 3.1%, and job growth for the next ten years is predicted to grow at a rate of 34.2%, which is higher than the average of 33.5%.
Reasons for Manvel’s Exponential Growth
Manvel itself is a vibrant small town. Restaurant choices range from seafood to burgers to Cajun and Tex-Mex. Those looking for a little retail therapy will love exploring Manvel’s boutiques and antiques. Development of the Manvel Town Center, a new 273-acre retail development anchored by HEB, was recently announced and is expected to start construction this June.
When it comes to education, Alvin ISD is rated above average. It’s also rated the #5 most diverse school district in Texas, and comes in at #9 for athletes in Texas.
In short, you can find just about everything you need in Manvel.
No doubt Manvel’s proximity to both Houston and the Texas Gulf Coast have also contributed to its growth. Pomona Manvel TX is just 19 miles from downtown Houston and 15 miles from the Texas Medical Center. The opening of the Brazoria County Expressway last November makes commuting to downtown Houston even more convenient. The expressway extends 5.2 miles from County Road 58 north to the Brazoria County-Harris County line at Clear Creek. Construction was done in conjunction with the Harris County section of the 288 Expressway that spans 10.3 miles from Clear Creek to just south of Beltway 8, to the US 59/69 split.
When you want to get away, Galveston is less than a 40-mile drive. Other popular Gulf Coast destinations are equally accessible.
New Homes in Manvel, TX
Pomona Manvel TX offers a refreshing blend of small-town charm and big-city living in a unique new home community with exciting amenities and beautifully built homes.
When you’re looking for homes for sale in Manvel TX, you should know that each of the builders at Pomona was personally hand-selected to ensure the highest quality, most progressive design, and a commitment to complete customer satisfaction. We’ve included four of the area’s best home builders: Coventry Homes, Highland Homes, Perry Homes, and Toll Brothers. Home prices at Pomona start in the $280s and range all the way to $700k+.
Not sure which builder is the best fit for you? You can check out all of our builders online at our virtual model home park. Browse photos, take a 3D virtual tour, see videos of the homes, and explore interactive floor plans.
We’ve also put together this quick look at each of our builders and what they have to offer.
Coventry Homes is building homes at Pomona at three price points:
1. From the $290s. Square footage for homes at this price point ranges from 1,467 sq. ft. to 2,528 sq. ft., and there are ten floor plans to choose from. Homes in this price range are located on 50’ lots.
2. From the $380s. Square footage for homes at this price point ranges from 2,096 sq. ft. to 3,166 sq. ft., and lot size is 55’. There are 15 floor plans to choose from in this price range.
3. From the $460s. Square footage for floor plans at this price point range from 3,279 sq. ft. to 4,898 sq. ft. There are 56 floor plans to choose from, and the homes are set on 60', 65', 70', 75’, 80' homesites, as well as Pomona’s lake lots.
Learn more about Coventry Homes at Pomona and see quick move-in homes.
Highland Homes is building new homes at Pomona Manvel TX at two price points:
1. From the $320s. Homes at this price point range from 1,600 sq. ft. to 2,800 sq. ft. and are set on 50’ homesites. There are 12 floor plans to choose from.
2. From the $460s. Homes at this price point range from 2,600 sq. ft. to 4,000 sq. ft. These homes are located on 65’ homesites and also on Pomona’s lake lots. There are 15 floor plans to choose from.
Learn more about Highland Homes at Pomona and see available homes.
Perry Homes is building homes at Pomona Manvel Tx at two price points:
1. From the $360s. Homes at this price point range from 1,900 sq. ft. to 2,600 sq. ft. and are set on 50’ homesites. There are 22 floor plans to choose from.
2. From the $400s. There are 26 floor plans to choose from, ranging from 2,300 sq. ft. to 3,300 sq. ft. and homes in this price range are located on 55’ homesites, as well as on Pomona’s lake lots.
Learn more about Perry Homes at Pomona and see available homes.
Toll Brothers is building luxury homes in Pomona at two price points:
1. From the $430s. Square footage ranges from 2,700 sq. ft. to 3,800 sq. ft. There are 10-floor plans to choose from.
2. From the $530s. Square footage ranges from 3,200 sq. ft. to 5,500 sq. ft. There are 8-floor plans to choose from.
Learn more about Toll Brothers at Pomona and see available homes.
See for Yourself Why Manvel is One of the Fastest-Growing Cities in Texas
We invite you to make an appointment for an exclusive tour of Pomona. You’ll fall in love with our unique amenities, tranquil lifestyle, and commitment to preserving the area’s natural beauty and resources. And you’ll immediately understand all the reasons driving Manvel, TX population growth.
When you’re ready for an onsite tour, just give us a call at (832) 336-6272.